
When asked is fast food the new tobacco, I couldn't help but to agree. I live in an urban area where it is easily accessible. I can recall times where I would crave certain things from specific fast food places. I can even recall going to the supermarket to food shop and then I would get fast food right after. I know I can't be the only person that does this. Since the pandemic I noticed a spike in the amount of customers these fast food places get. The drive-through's are backed up so crazy that the wait time to even place an order is ridiculously long. Some people simply does not have the time to cook so they steer towards fast food. Do you know how hard it is to go on a diet especially when there's nothing but fast food around. Although most fast food places offer healthier options like salads they also have deal on the greasy foods. For instance Wendy's has the four for four, you can get a four piece chicken nuggets, a small order of fries, a burger, and a drink. Who would spend ten dollars on a salad when you can get all of that for four dollars.
I think the obesity issue should still be personal health. Everyone knows the risk when you eat outside food rather than a home cooked meal. The government should not have to step in to rectify the behavior of grown adults. Watching Michelle Obama speak about how she was raised made a clear point that times are just different and the government has to protect these children from the obesity crisis. In my opinion I think that the parents should be worried about their children's weight versus the government. Maybe just maybe if all the obese people had to pay out of pocket for negligence maybe they would try to lead a healthier lifestyle. I do understand that healthcare does cover way more than just obesity issues. I feel that if people were held accountable things would really change. People know what kind of issues obesity can cause but yet they still decide to over eat and not make healthier choices as far as food.
Hi.
ReplyDeleteYour response is delivered and understandable, but there are several grammar mistakes in your blog. There are also no pictures/videos that would have worked well with your response. Your opinion and insight is appreciated, but please present evidence from your resources, as well.