Is Pop Culture Good for You
When asked if pop culture is good for anyone, I can automatically say yes. In thinking of terms as far as protesting and getting a person's point across, it is a definite yes. It is much safer and it is also effective. Pop culture is the new and improved way to have a voice. Using these many different outlets is intriguing because not only can you speak your mind, you can also choose not to be yourself. when I say that I mean there is no way of retaliation because you don't have to post your real name or address. Social websites play a big role in how we live today, why not use them for what it's worth? Since the start of social media, there have been many peaceful protests that were organized through Facebook and or Twitter.
Social media is an open forum where anything goes. you can get your point across to millions given the right profile. Even if it seems no one is listening because your post aren't being acknowledged, trust me there are people that are watching quietly. I remember when I signed my first petition on Facebook, it was for Air BNB. After that first petition, there were many more to come after that. I was taken aback by how easy it was. I had never experienced anything like it before. The experience was invigorating, to say the least. Times have definitely changed. In closing the opportunities are boundless when it comes to pop culture.
Nice argument. Some of the requirements that go into grading are based on reaching the 500 words word count and including support from the sources. This post should be written in the form of an argument. Please make sure to include this next time. If you have any questions, feel free to email me. -Jessica (TA)
ReplyDelete