The Other Wes Moore

 

Page xi

    

When I was about fifteen or sixteen years old, I made a decision that could have been a life-or-death situation. On my way home from school one day a friend of mine called my phone saying that she was getting into a physical altercation, and she needed my help. I decided to go help. That was probably one of the worst decisions I have ever made. When I arrived at the fight, I noticed all the thoughts I had about the fight wasn't nearly as close to what I was thinking. The crowd that was against us had to have been about sixty people deep. It was only about ten of us, talk about scary. I did not expect for things to go the way that they went. About five minutes into the fight, I pulled off the top of this girl and only thing I could remember was a warm sensation flowing down the right side of my face. An innocent bystander kept saying to me that I had been cut. My adrenaline was pumping so I couldn't feel a thing. Another bystander tied a scarf around my head so that way I can stop the bleeding. Someone walked me up the block to a nearby store and had them call an ambulance. When I arrived at the hospital, they did not really have time to numb my head because I was losing so much blood. I was informed that the girl cut three arteries in my head. I could have bled to death over a stupid little fight. My family and friends all came down to the hospital to sit with me through the whole process.  When I was about fifteen or sixteen years old, I made a decision that could have been a life-or-death situation. On my way home from school one day a friend of mine called my phone saying that she was getting into a physical altercation, and she needed my help. I decided to go help. That was probably one of the worst decisions I have ever made. When I arrived at the fight, I noticed all the thoughts I had about the fight wasn't nearly as close to what I was actually thinking. The crowd that was against us had to have been about sixty people deep. It was only about ten of us, talk about scary. I did not expect for things to go the way that they went. About five minutes into the fight, I pulled off the top of this girl and only thing I could remember was a warm sensation flowing down the right side of my face. An innocent bystander kept saying to me that I had been cut. My adrenaline was pumping so I couldn't feel a thing. Another bystander tied a scarf around my head so that way I can stop the bleeding. Someone walked me up the block to a nearby store and had them call an ambulance. When I arrived at the hospital, they did not really have time to numb my head because I was losing so much blood. I was informed that the girl cut three arteries in my head. I could have bled to death over a stupid little fight. My family and friends all came down to the hospital to sit with me through the whole process. The nurses gave me a needle around the area where I was cut. I can remember feeling the burning sensation and them stitching my head up. During all of this I passed out two times from loss of blood. I suffered for months after the altercation, I was home schooled and away from all of my friends. I to can understand the other Wes Moore and his bad decisions. He could have either been dead or in jail, luckily his only choice was jail.

Comments

  1. Hi, Asia.
    Thank you for sharing this story with us. I am glad that you are okay. In your future blogs, please check for grammar and punctuation errors, as well as, formatting the blog. It seems like it was doubled in your post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog