Separate and Unequal
Is separate and unequal a viable option in education today? As a country we have evolved so much but yet we're still behind. In my honest opinion things are good the way they are. As a people we fought so hard to have equality, why turn back now? Since school desegregation we have come a long way. Children have diversity in schools and I think that is an important factor for development. It is important because it makes a child well rounded when they can learn about different cultures. Schools are a mixed gene pool now and it is a beautiful thing. There are no more race wars as far as we know it. I'm not saying that they do not exist but they are at a very smaller scale. When more than one race can coincide with one another it is a graceful and wonderful thing. The textbook spoke about how difficult it was when the school integration laws came about. Little African American children had a hard time fitting in because they weren't wanted. Why would we go back to that, when things are perfectly fine? I think if we go back to segregation it would be devastating to this generation. These children never experienced nothing like that before so it would definitely hit hard. Everyone has a fair chance at learning and I am all for it.
Is this a course we should pursue as a society? I can not stress this enough, why change things when we have come so far. It took a lot to get where we are and frankly all of the children are flourishing better this way. How would The Supreme Court even go about that in this day and age? What else would have to be changed due to segregation laws in the schooling system? It just wouldn't be fair to the involving parties. So many different parties were involved back then, for instance The NAACP. It would not be smart to back peddle. The textbook spoke about how the African American students had to be bussed to school at least two miles and up. Would it be like that today if The Supreme Court decides to segregate schools again? What would the nation gain from doing so? I mean there are so many factors to be considered here. I don't think things would even go over peacefully so that's telling in this situation.
Is this a course we should pursue as a society? I can not stress this enough, why change things when we have come so far. It took a lot to get where we are and frankly all of the children are flourishing better this way. How would The Supreme Court even go about that in this day and age? What else would have to be changed due to segregation laws in the schooling system? It just wouldn't be fair to the involving parties. So many different parties were involved back then, for instance The NAACP. It would not be smart to back peddle. The textbook spoke about how the African American students had to be bussed to school at least two miles and up. Would it be like that today if The Supreme Court decides to segregate schools again? What would the nation gain from doing so? I mean there are so many factors to be considered here. I don't think things would even go over peacefully so that's telling in this situation.


Comments
Post a Comment