The Bottom Line

 

After reading section 4 of the textbook I have come to the conclusion that public schools are good for the community but it just needs to be tweaked a bit. I agree with the idea of everyone having an equal shot at learning and I also agree with the diversity of it all. I do feel that there is a better way to go about things though. I feel more time and effort can be put into bettering the school system. Since that time frame a lot has changed and for that, I am grateful because I also have a son who attends public school. Does school choice improve public education, why or why not? I would have to say that I am fifty-fifty on that because it's not so much about the school but what you take out of it. For example, a child can attend the worst school in the district but come out as a rising star. You can also have a child attend the best public school and still get left behind. For me, it's all in the individual. Public schools are looked down upon versus charter schools and private schools. However public schools offer so much for so little and I think that it is amazing. Not only will children learn academically but they will also learn trades for free. When I was in school I took up home economics, sewing, and woodshop (just to name a few). I was on the dance squad and I also received good grades and was able to go on to college. I had some bumps and bruises along the way but I made it and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I went to a not-so-great school but I made the best of it. There were a lot of fights, turmoil, and even riots. It was pure chaos every single day but I went in with the notion that I was not going to let all of that deter me from my main goal and that was to graduate. So again school choice means nothing when it comes to education. As a parent, you have to know what type of child you have. Will your child succumb to the surroundings or will your child rise above it all?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog